Dates in 2017: May, June, July, September & October
AVAILABLE DATES Sept 24th – Oct 21st
Cost: £2500 (full) or £2000 (student price)
You will be guided through an in-depth study of yoga as a life practice, yoga teaching skills and yoga study as well as being an integral part of a team on of Europe’s most established yoga retreats.
What is included?
- Pre-reading and pre-arrival self-practice program
- Weekly readings
- 2 x daily yoga classes + daily self-practice program
- Daily kriya, asana, meditation and pranayama practice
- Weekly one-on-one workshops (exclusive to the mentorship program)
- Class observation tasks, assisting and in-class adjusting program
- Weekly feedback and reflective writing tasks
- In-class teaching exercises on retreat with guests and staff
- Final presentation in the form of your choosing… a talk, a class or a blog
- Karma yoga activities; assisting me in classes, hosting and helping in the shala
- Certificate of completion from Kaliyoga Retreats
- Customised letter of recommendation from Kaliyoga Retreats
- 4 x retreat weeks with access to all areas
- Private accommodation in our shared staff house 5 min walk from the retreat.
- Access all areas on our wonderful retreat centre
- 3 daily gourmet vegetarian meals
- Airport transfers to and from the retreat
- All retreat offerings and activities
- Access to world class therapists
You will live in our staff house, a quirky local Trullo home next door to the retreat centre, with our work-exchange crew. You’ll become a valuable part of our in-house retreat team, behind the scenes and part of the fabric of life on retreat for our guests. There are always wonderful people from all over the world living, sharing and working at Kaliyoga retreats.
Kaliyoga Retreats strive to provide a world-class yoga teaching program and you are invited to practice, observe and assist the daily classes during our retreats.
Tashi teaches classes using the ashtanga yoga primary series as the basis for sequencing & for breathing, bandha and drishti techniques & practices. She also teaches a variety of cleansing techniques, workshops, a range of meditation techniques, mantra meditations and pranayama.
Daily self-practice sessions provide the backbone of the mentorship and you will self-practice 6 days a week during our retreats. The program of self-practice is supported but not directed by Tashi so you will have the chance to tailor the self-practice program depending on your interests & preferences.
Weekly one-on-one intensives provide you with the rare opportunity to really interrogate the techniques and practices. Tashidawa shares her wealth of experience and knowledge in key areas:
- Adjusting skills
- Yoga philosophy
During the month you will practice, participate in & observe the retreat program. During observation sessions you will complete observation tasks followed by discussions regarding sequencing, adjusting, language, etc.
Towards the end of the month you may offer adjustments and assistance during the retreat classes and lead short staff and retreat sessions such as relaxations, meditations, yoga nidra & pranayama sessions.
You will offer few hours a week of volunteer support in the shala and the kitchen during the retreat. We have a team of excellent work-exchange volunteers who keep our place bright, fun & super-charged with healthy drinks & snacks. Your duties would include setting up the yoga space each day, taking care of the light supper served on Wednesday evenings for those few guests who elect to stay onsite and giving general support for all of our retreat activities.