Kaliyoga Retreats are widely recognised as leaders in the retreat field, this learning opportunity offers a rare insight into the industry. Anyone can participate in the Mentorship program, you don’t need to be a teacher or even very experienced in yoga, if you want an intensive month of practice then this is for you…
WHAT IS THE MENTORSHIP PROGRAM?
If you want to practice yoga this is an opportunity to really find out what is missing in your practice and give it some attention and space. It is an intensive learning experience that offers life-long practice skills.
If you want to teach yoga then we use this rare opportunity to develop teaching skills and method. To refine and invigorate your ability to share these precious wisdom teachings.
Many people who complete the mentorship already have at least a 200hr Yoga TTC qualification but it’s not essential. The Mentorship month is not a teacher training, we encourage teachers as well as students to join us, this is a great gift to yourself… a full and complete immersion into the practice of yoga.
There are two mentorship programs at a time at Kaliyoga Italy. All mentorship opportunities are 3 or 4 weeks in duration starting on a Sunday and finishing on a Saturday.
Start dates in 2018: April 15, May 13, June 10, July 8, September 2, September 30*
*this start date is only 3 weeks in duration
Cost: £500 per week
You will be guided through an in-depth study of yoga as a life practice, yoga teaching skills if applicable and yoga study as well as being an integral part of a team on of Europe’s most established yoga retreats.
What is included?
- Pre-reading and pre-arrival self-practice program
- Weekly readings and resources
- 2 x daily yoga classes + daily self-practice
- Daily asana, meditation and pranayama practice
- Weekly one-on-one workshops (exclusive to the mentorship program)
- Class observation tasks, assisting and in-class adjusting program
- Weekly feedback and reflective tasks
- In-class teaching exercises on retreat with guests and staff
- Karma yoga activities include assisting Tashi in her classes and some basic kitchen tasks
- Certificate of completion from Kaliyoga Retreats
- Customised letter of recommendation from Kaliyoga Retreats available by request
- 3/4 retreat weeks with access to all areas
- Private accommodation in our shared staff house 10 min walk from the retreat
- 3 daily gourmet vegetarian meals
- Return group transfers from Bari airport
- All retreat offerings and activities
- Access to world class therapists
You become a valuable part of our in-house retreat team, behind the scenes and part of the fabric of life on retreat for our guests. There are always wonderful people from all over the world living, sharing and working at Kaliyoga retreats. You live for the retreat weeks in a private room in our local shared staff house with our crew.
Kaliyoga Retreats strive to provide a world-class yoga teaching program and you are invited to practice, observe and assist the daily classes during our retreats.
Tashi teaches classes using the ashtanga yoga primary series as the basis for sequencing & for breathing, bandha and drishti techniques & practices. She also teaches a variety of cleansing techniques, workshops, a range of meditation techniques, mantra meditations and pranayama.
Daily self-practice sessions provide the backbone of the mentorship and you will self-practice 6 days a week during our retreats. The program of self-practice is supported but not directed by Tashi so you will have the chance to tailor the self-practice program depending on your interests & preferences.
Weekly one-on-one intensives provide you with the rare opportunity to really interrogate the techniques and practices. Tashidawa shares her wealth of experience and knowledge in key areas:
- Adjusting and assisting skills
- Anatomy – form and function of the asana
- Sequencing – how to look at a sequence of forms
- Yoga philosophy – living the yoga in everyday life
During the month you will practice, participate in & observe the retreat program. During observation sessions you will complete observation tasks followed by discussions regarding sequencing, adjusting, language, etc.
Towards the end of the month you may offer adjustments and assistance during the retreat classes and lead short staff and retreat sessions such as relaxations, meditations, yoga nidra & pranayama sessions.
You will offer few hours a week of volunteer support in the shala and the kitchen during the retreat. We have a team of excellent work-exchange volunteers who keep our place bright, fun & super-charged with healthy drinks & snacks. Your duties would include setting up the yoga space each day, taking care of the light supper served on Wednesday evenings for those few guests who elect to stay onsite and giving general support for all of our retreat activities.